Randall R. Stark
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Randy earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Marquette University in 1983 with a specialty in State and Local Governments. While attending Marquette, Randy worked as an intern for Wisconsin Governor Patrick Lucey, a former Vice Presidential Candidate. Randy went on to DePaul University College of Law where he was the winner of the Negotiation Competition before graduating in 1987.
A member of the Chicago Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Illinois Bar Association and American Bar Association, Randy was also admitted to the Illinois Bar and Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 1987.
Formerly a Claims Specialist at American Mutual Insurance Company, Randy has experience in defending Workers’ Compensation and personal injury claims with an emphasis on claims involving psychological injuries, and manufacturing employers with exposure under Occupational Diseases Act. Randy co-authored Accepted Legal Applications of Actuarial Testing and Delinquency Interventions: Examples of Savings in Real-Life Situations; Psychological Reports, 2009, Vol. 104, No. 1, 339-377. Randy has been a speaker on “Investigation and Management of Work Injuries and Occupational Diseases” at the MEDCOR National Training Seminar for Industrial Nurses in May, 1999 and also on “The Causal Connection Defense to Avascular Necrosis Claims” at the Medical and Vocational Rehabilitation Seminar in June, 2001.
Randy runs daily and had Rusin & Maciorowski, Ltd.’s best time in this years United Run for the Lincoln Park Zoo. He is also a soccer coach for Downers Grove Youth Soccer. He has been snow skiing in five different countries, enjoys scuba diving, and has learned just enough French to read the labels on his wine collection. Randy grew up on south west side of Chicago. Randy was also a member of of a Municipality Planning Commission, 2002-2005, and is currently a commissioner of a Municipality Pension Board, 2007 to present.
B.A., Political Science, Marquette University, 1983
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1987
- Illinois, 1987
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1987
- MEDCOR National Training Seminars for industrial nurses on “Investigation and Management of Work Injuries and Occupational Diseases”
- “The Causal Connection Defense to Avascular Necrosis Claims” at the Medical and Vocational Rehabilitation Seminar in 2001
- “Failed Negotiations and Litigation Over Settlement Terms” at the West Bend Mutual Claim Conference
- “The Defense and Special Handling Requirements of Illinois Workers Compensation Claims Involving Illegal Aliens” 2017
- “Accepted Legal Applications of Actuarial Testing and Delinquency Interventions: Examples of Savings in Real-Life Situations,” Psychological Reports, 2009, Vol. 104, No. 1, 339-377
- Certified Arbitrator for Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program
- Municipality Pension Board
- Jack Rodin v. The Industrial Commission, 316 Ill.App.3d 1224, 738 N.E.2d 955, 250 Ill. Dec. 486 (2000)
- First Cash Financial Service v. Industrial Commission, 367 Ill. App. 3d 102, 853 N.E.2d 799, 304 Ill. Dec. 722 (1st Dist. 2006)
- Roy Kinn v. Prairie Farms/Muller Pinehurst, 859 N.E.2d 99, 2006 Ill. App. LEXIS 1039, 307 Ill. Dec. 99 (2nd Dist. 2006)
- Commissioner of a Municipality Pension Board, 2007-present
- Commissioner of a Municipality Planning Commission, 2002-2005
- Soccer Coach for Local Youth Soccer