Kisa P. Sthankiya is a Partner in our Workers’ Compensation Department. She has dedicated the entirety of her legal career to workers’ compensation defense counseling clients who rely on her to aggressively defend their cases to resolution. She is a trusted counselor to clients in both the public and private sectors. She is highly knowledgeable in all facets of workers’ compensation claims including their management and litigation. She believes in working closely with clients in developing creative solutions that align with their objectives.
Kisa has extensive experience successfully trying cases at the Circuit Court and Arbitration levels. She also has had favorable outcomes for her clients with appeals before the Commission, Circuit Court and Appellate Court levels.
Kisa earned her Bachelor of Science from Northwestern University in 2006. She went on to earn her Juris Doctor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2009.
Prior to joining Rusin & Maciorowski, Kisa worked as in-house counsel for a national insurance company specializing in both worker’s compensation and civil litigation defense.
Kisa has also been recognized as an “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyer since 2018, and as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyer since 2018.
Kisa resides in Glenview with her husband and children. She enjoys fitness, traveling and reading in her free time.
B.S., Social Policy & Legal Studies, Northwestern University
Dean’s List, 2003-2006
J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Dean’s List, 2009
Managing Editor, Loyola University Chicago International Law Review, 2008-2009
- Illinois, 2009
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association
- Dale Gross v. Kankakee County Sheriff’s Department, 11 MR 468
- Rufina Guerrero v. Mead Westvaco, 13 L 50117
- Stephen Brown v. Pieper Electric, 06 WC 3044
- Adam Neth v. SM Service Group, 15 L 50841
- Stephen Brown v. Pieper Electric, 06 WC 30440
- Charles Campagne v. Doctor’s Community, 09 WC 19143
- Lisa Cazeau v. Goldberg & Perl, 09 WC 28630
- Jack Rebholz v. AG View FS, Inc., 10 WC 25801 & 10 WC 25823
- Sandra Netzel v. County of Kankakee, 11 WC 33445
- Alma Jeronimo v. Molly Maid, 12 WC 43108
- Zeyad Alnsour v. Barkaat Food, 14 WC 29216
- Gertrude Birkhead v. Northrup Grumman, 15 WC 21233
- Christopher Jenson v. Bratschi Plumbing, 15 WC 20758
- Thomas Phifer v. Premier Transport, 16 L 50846
- David Kapanowski v. Marionette Park District, 14 WC 21160
- Adam Leczycki v. MPD Construction Group, 14 WC 29047
- Maria Colletti v. Rockford Park District, 16 WC 16427
- Adam Leczycki v. MPD Construction Group, Inc., 19 L 050703
- Richard Rhoads v. Ogle-Lee F.P.D., 15 WC 39326
- April Wilson v. Margaret’s Village, 18 WC 1593
- Rodney Buckley v. Grayslake F.P.D., 19 MR 889
- Michael Gliniewicz v. Village of Antioch, 16 WC 8261
- Jose Noriega v. Professional Freezing Services, 14 WC 14833