Kisa P. Sthankiya is a Partner in our Workers’ Compensation Department. She is experienced in the areas of worker’s compensation, third party defense and insurance defense litigation.
Kisa earned her Bachelor of Science from Northwestern University in 2006. She went on to earn her Juris Doctor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2009. In 2008, she completed an externship with Hon. Wayne Andersen in the Northern District of Illinois.
Prior to joining Rusin & Maciorowski, Kisa worked as in-house counsel specializing in worker’s compensation and civil litigation defense. She has experience successfully trying cases at the Circuit Court and Arbitration levels. She also has had favorable outcomes for her clients with appeals before the Commission, Circuit Court and Appellate Court levels.
Kisa resides in Chicago with her husband and son. She enjoys traveling in her free time. She is an avid Northwestern Wildcats and Chicago Bears fan. Kisa also volunteers with the Cyriac D. Kappil Legal Clinic.
B.S., Social Policy & Legal Studies, Northwestern University
Dean’s List, 2003-2006
J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Dean’s List, 2009
Managing Editor, Loyola University Chicago International Law Review, 2008-2009
- Illinois, 2009
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Indian American Bar Association
- Dale Gross v. Kankakee County Sheriff’s Department, 11 MR 468
- Rufina Guerrero v. Mead Westvaco, 13 L 50117
- Stephen Brown v. Pieper Electric, 06 WC 3044
- Adam Neth v. SM Service Group, 15 L 50841
- Stephen Brown v. Pieper Electric, 06 WC 30440
- Charles Campagne v. Doctor’s Community- 09 WC 19143
- Lisa Cazeau v. Goldberg & Perl, 09 WC 28630
- Jack Rebholz v. AG View FS, Inc., 10 WC 25801 & 10 WC 25823
- Sandra Netzel v. County of Kankakee, 11 WC 33445
- Alma Jeronimo v. Molly Maid, 12 WC 43108
- Zeyad Alnsour v. Barkaat Food, 14 WC 29216
- Gertrude Birkhead v. Northrup Grumman, 15 WC 21233
- Christopher Jenson v. Bratschi Plumbing, 15 WC 20758
- Thomas Phifer v. Premier Transport, 16 L 50846
- David Kapanowski v. Marionette Park District, 14 WC 21160
- Adam Leczycki v. MPD Construction Group, 14 WC 29047
- Maria Colletti v. Rockford Park District, 16 WC 16427