Robert T. Newman
Mr. Newman has been a workers compensation defense practitioner and Civil Courts litigator for 43 years. He has been of counsel with Rusin and Maciorowski, Ltd for one year. Before this year, he had been employed with Maciorowski, Sackmann & Ulrich, LLP for sixteen years, 2003-2019. Previously, he had been a partner in Garofalo, Schreiber, Hart, Storm, Chtd from 2000-2003; and in O’Connor, Schiff & Myers in 1998-1999; and Sweeney & Riman, Ltd. from 1980-1998. Mr. Newman has had past experience with Burgeson, Laughlin, Cunningham & Hare, and with the United States Department of Labor; and in a general practice litigation firm Joseph J. Wase and Associates in Maryland. Mr. Newman’s practice experience has been in the subjects of Illinois Workers Compensation Law, including judicial review and Appellate Court reviews, the federal Defense Base Act and the Longshoremens’ and Harbor Workers Compensation Act, and Civil Litigation including enforcing workers compensation subrogation interests, construction injury claims, premises liability claims, motor vehicle injury claims, products liability and medical malpractice cases, and Social Security Disability, and Medicare Set Aside litigation.
- Workers’ Compensation Litigation and Civil Litigation
- J.D. University of Maryland 1976
- B.A. Johns Hopkins University 1973
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
- Rose v. Hyster, 85 Ill. 2d 208, 52 Ill. Dec. 59.
- Sylvester v. Industrial Commission, 197 Ill. 2d 255, 258 Ill. Dec. 548
- American Grain Trimmers v. Director, Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, 181 F. 3d 810
- Advanced Workers Compensation in Illinois 1995 with David B. Menchetti, Milton Black and Matthew Schiff
- Advanced Workers Compensation in Illinois 1996 with David B. Menchetti